JEE 2015 Exam Dates
· JEE Main (Pen-Paper Based) will be conducted on 4 April, 2015.
· JEE Main (Computer Based) will be conducted on 10 and 11 April, 2015.
· JEE Advanced will be conducted on 24 May, 2015.
Two-Tier Admission Process
The Joint Entrance Examination for admission to the undergraduate programmes in engineering is conducted in two parts:
This two tier common test for IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology), NITs (National Institutes of Technology) and IIITs (Indian Institutes of Information Technology) has replaced earlier IIT-JEE and AIEEE from 2013. A composite score is calculated from JEE-Main performance and your class XII (or equivalent exam) marks This score is considered for initial screening.
JEE Test Pattern
Both JEE Main and JEE Advance test are multiple-choice objective-type paper. Duration of both the papers is 3 hours (180 minutes).
Weightage to Class XII Board Marks
Now, weightage is also given for the XII board or equivalent marks, though the percentage of weightage varies with the types of Institutes. The board marks are normalized on percentile basis through an appropriate formula.
Admission Process for IITs
For initial screening, a composite score is calculated with 40% weightage to class XII Board or equivalent marks and the remaining 60% weightage to JEE Main performance. Based on this composite score, a fixed number of candidates (1,50,000 candidates) are considered eligible for admission. These short-listed candidates are then ranked in the order of merit entirely based on their performance in the JEE Advanced examination. It is essential for you to gfet 75% marks or figure in the top 20 percentile bracket of your respective Class XII Boards, whichever is lower.
Admission Process for Other Institutes
If you are aspiring to get admission to NITs and other institutes only, then you need to give only JEE Main exam. There is 40% weightage for performance in Class XII Board marks normalized on percentile basis and 60% weightage for performance in JEE Main.
Prepare online for JEE... CLICK HERE..